Jewish Yiddish Slang Words
How to speak just like a cool Jewish Yiddish folk, Just say these words and be heard like you own the world.
Be a Mensch and learn them all!
- Bubeleh – This is a term of endearment for all ages.
- Cockamamie – This means ridiculous.
- Chutzpah – This means high energy or brash.
- Shmendrik – This means that the person is a jerk, but MUCH bigger than a normal jerk. He is the master of all jerks.
- Kolboynick – This means a know-it-all.
- Schmoe – This means a stupid or naive person.
- Tsuris – This refers to troubles, troubles that are so big that you beat your head in trying to pronounce this word to tell someone about them.
- Drek – This means a piece of dirt or a worthless object.
- Glitch – This means a minor malfunction.
- Schlep – This means to drag something heavy or to get a reluctant person to come along.
- Yutzi – This refers to something or someone that is stupid.
- Yiddishe Kup – This phrase literally stands for “Jewish head.” Similar to that of butt head or get your Jewish head out of your Jewish backside.
- Shiksa – This is a non-Jewish (Gentile) girl or woman.
- Shagetz – This is a non-Jewish (Gentile) male.
- Mensch – A good or important person.
- Meschugena – This is a crazy, insane woman.
- Meschugener – This is a crazy, insane man.
- Klip – This stands for a gabby woman.