9 Things You May Not Know About Mussolini – History in the Headlines
1. Mussolini had a penchant for violence even as a youth.
2. Mussolini was a socialist before becoming a fascist.
3. Italy’s leaders never called on the military to stop Mussolini’s insurrection.
4. Contrary to popular belief, Mussolini did not take power in a coup.
5. Mussolini did not become a true dictator until 1925.
6. Mussolini was anti-Church before becoming pro-Church.
7. Mussolini sought to establish an Italian empire.
8. Italy’s army performed disastrously during World War II.
9. Mussolini was deposed without a fight.